Which Masterpiece Arms Chassis is right for me?
Choosing the right Masterpiece Arms (MPA) chassis can seem a little overwhelming when there are so many great models to choose from!
From the BA Competition or Ultralite to the Matrix Pro, choosing the best MPA Chassis for your rifle depends on several factors, including shooting style, intended use, rifle platform, and personal preferences. So how do you know which model of chassis is best for you?
Team MPA & Team ICE shooter with the Masterpiece Arms Matrix Pro at NRL22 International Finale
Here are some steps to help you choose the right MPA chassis:
Determine Your Rifle Platform: Identify the specific rifle action you plan to use with the MPA Chassis. Ensure that the chassis you select is compatible with your chosen action. Masterpiece Arms has options for actions including Remington 700, Savage, Tikka T3 and Howa.
The BA Competition model has the most inlet options.
Most other MPA models have more limited offerings.
The Matrix Pro is only available for Rem 700 Short Action and Clones.
Consider Intended Use: Think about the primary purpose of your rifle. Each model has its own features for different styles of shooting. The intended use will influence the features you should prioritize.
For long-range precision shooting look at the Look at the ELR or BA Competition.
For PRS (Precision Rifle Series) or tactical shooting, popular models are the BA Competition or Matrix Pro.
For someone wanting both a primarily hunting and sometimes tactical set up (or something a little lighter than the BA Competition), consider the Hybrid model
For carrying and hunting with less weight and slightly less length than the full size MPA Chassis, look to the BA Ultralite
- Explore the Model Series: MPA offers several model series, each with its own set of features and design characteristics.
Explore the features and specifications of each series to find the one that aligns best with your needs and preferences. Or ask our team to help you choose
|MPA BA Competition Chassis
|MPA Matrix Pro Chassis
|MPA BA UltraLite Chassis
|MPA BA Hybrid Chassis
Other things to consider to help choose the right Masterpiece Arms model for your rifle
Consider Features: Pay attention to specific features that matter to you, such as:
- Adjustable Length of Pull (LOP) and Comb Height: Ensure that the chassis allows for customization to achieve a comfortable and ergonomic shooting position. Full size models such as the Matrix Pro and BA Competition will include thumbwheels to adjust cheek height and LOP whenever you need. Lighter models such as the Ultralite do have these thumbwheels to save weight.
- M-Lok or Picatinny Rails: Consider your accessory attachment needs, such as bipods, sling mounts, or other accessories.
Some MPA chassis include picatinny rails or spigot mounts. Most models have custom slots along the foreend that are only compatible with MPA accessories.
- RAT system: MPA Chassis feature a proprietary Rapid Adjust Technology (RAT) system which is similar to Arca Swiss dovetail rails built into the chassis foreend. Because its proprietary, not all Arca Swiss will be compatible. Be aware your existing Arca clamp accessories may not fit. However, the MANAEL range of Arca Swiss clamps is compatible and adjustable to fit with both Arca Swiss and the MPA RAT system. Be sure to check your accessory compatability and needs.
- Weight: Depending on your application, you may want a lightweight chassis for ease of transport or a heavier one for stability in precision shooting. features are sometimes stripped back on lighter chassis to drop weight. The Ultralite has a very short foreend to reduce weight and be less bulky when carrying.
- Magazine Compatibility: what all MPA Chassis work with AICS magazines. You may need to replace your original magazines.
- Upgrades & Accessories: what accessories are included and what's available to purchase separately such as weight tuning kits?
- Grip Style: Most MPA Chassis arecompatible with AR style grips. The Ultralite is supplied with an angled grip. The BA Hybrid and Competition include MPA's Enhanced Vertical Grip. Be aware the Matrix Pro uses a proprietary grip that is not cross compatible with other platforms, however on custom orders you can choose the grip size and shape for a custom fit.
Budget: Set a budget for your chassis purchase. MPA offers a range of chassis at different price points - all are premium offerings and imported so expect pricing that fluctuates with exchange rates.
Timeline & availability: Masterpiece Arms have a production time of 2-5 months on most chassis. We recieve shipments every few months. Because Masterpiece Arms are imported products, they are subject to international shipping and customs. A custom order can take 6-9 months to arrive. You will need to factor this into your planning.
Read Reviews and Seek Recommendations: Research online reviews, forums, and ask for recommendations from experienced shooters who may have used MPA chassis and other brands too. Their insights can help you make an informed decision.
Try Before You Buy: If possible, try out different MPA chassis models in person to see how they feel and handle. This can provide valuable hands-on experience to inform your decision.
Remember that the "right" MPA chassis ultimately depends on your individual needs and preferences, so take your time to make an informed choice based on your shooting goals and rifle platform. Do some research to find the best stock or chassis model for you and ask our expert team to help shortlist the best model for you.
View our range of Stocks & Chassis here